Living @ LBB in January

Heading out for a brew? Post here, and get some buddies to show up.

Re: Living @ LBB in January

Postby Matt F » Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:33 pm

I was at LB last night. Had the chicken and waffles, Oud Bruin and XXXX Comp Dark Mild. Liked it all. The sour is really nice.
Matt Franklin
Slappy Brewing North

On Tap:
Saison
Matt Damon in my Mouth
Liquid Weed NEIPA
Dubbel Bubble
Dark Sour
Matt F

Postby tony b » Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:28 pm

Chicken & Waffles are really good.

Loved both the Oud Bruin (with cherries in a Wild Turkey barrel) and the Imperial Coconut Brown Ale. There'll be a coffee version of the Imp Coco Brown on Sunday. Put in a plug for a Sunday brunch special of Chicken & Waffles with a poached egg! We'll see if it shows up on the menu.

Got the "heads up" on next week's releases - Click Bait Triple IPA is full-on pineapple from the Denali hops (got a sample). Here's the skinny - there's going to be 2 one-offs of it that aren't on the published schedule - a coconut version and a chile version (they had to use the leftover guajillo peppers from the mole firkin somehow.) There won't be a lot of either, maybe only a corny of the chile and a half-keg of coconut (?) Didn't get a definitive schedule for their releases, but tossed out a plug that most of the Club would be at Big Grove next Saturday, so hopefully, they won't get released then?
A Mighty Wind's A Brewing

“Life is short - break the rules, forgive quickly, kiss slowly, love truly, laugh uncontrollably, and never regret anything that made you smile” ― Mae West
tony b

Postby tony b » Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:52 pm

Ya'll missed out - the "Covfefe" (as I named it) - the Coffee version of the Imperial Coconut Brown Ale was the best one yet! But, alas, it's all gone! :(

The Chicken & Waffles with the fried egg (and bourbon barrel maple syrup - supplied by me) - Killah!

See ya Wednesday for Click Bait. Alec said that the one offs (there's actually 3 - double dry hopped, coconut, and chile) will likely be Thursday (double dry hopped), Saturday (coconut) and Sunday (chile - only 5 gals!) Friday is the planned release of the Bretted Cherry Ale in a Cabernet Barrel. Game on, people!
A Mighty Wind's A Brewing

“Life is short - break the rules, forgive quickly, kiss slowly, love truly, laugh uncontrollably, and never regret anything that made you smile” ― Mae West
tony b

Previous

Return to Going out for a beer