2016 - New Members Introduction

Announcements and Discussions about brew-club meetings

2016 - New Members Introduction

Postby whitedj » Wed Feb 10, 2016 7:46 pm

Welcome to the Cedar Rapids Beer Nuts Forum. Use this space to introduce yourself so your not a complete stranger if you show up at the meeting!

There are people in the club that are interested in learning more about beer, brew their own beer using extract or all grain methods. There are many pros and cons to each and no one is better than the other, the key is making beer that you enjoy, and learning about beer, too.

Meetings are open to the public and held the third Thursday of the month at a local establishment
(exception is November -- elections and member only -- and December is too busy with holidays).

How to Join the Cedar Rapids Beer Nuts? Dues are $20 for 2016.

Square Online: https://squareup.com/market/cedar-rapids-beer-nuts-homebrew-club

Square in person [available at meeting only!]: just bring your credit card.

Dwolla: PM whitedj to be invoiced

Cash or Check at the meeting.
Last edited by whitedj on Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: remove sticky
The guy who submitted a barley wine in the Furious competition...
whitedj

Re: 2016 - New Members Introduction

Postby jjpeanasky » Tue Feb 16, 2016 1:09 pm

Hi all!

My name is Josh Peanasky, and you guys will probably meet me this Thursday (2/18) at the meeting. A bit about me: Grew up in Wisconsin, moved to Cedar Rapids last year. I've been brewing for just under 6 years, mostly in various apartments during college. My wonderful wife and I will be moving into a house soon, so I'll finally have the space to seriously brew!

I'd like to bring a beer to the meeting, how much should I bring? It's in 12oz bottles. It's a fairly straight forward brown ale, but I'd like to get some additional feedback on it.

Thanks!

Sent from the wild using Tapatalk
jjpeanasky

Re: 2016 - New Members Introduction

Postby daryl » Tue Feb 16, 2016 1:15 pm

Hi Josh.

Several members bring homebrew to share at the meetings. Those that keg, will bring growlers or flip-tops of beer. We typically use sample glasses (members sometimes bring their own with landyards).

I would say 2, no more than three 12 oz. bottles would be sufficient. It kind of depends upon how many members will be attending - and that varies from meeting to meeting.

Given last week's competition was for American Stout, I'd expect there will be a few of those available for sampling too.

I look forward to meeting you this coming Thursday.

Daryl
In the Fridge/On Tap: Salted Caramel Porter
In the barrel/conditioning:
In the bucket: P-nut Brittle Ale, Blueberry and Blk Rasp. Mead; Tangerine Wheat; Spont. Funk; Swarthy Beagle
In the queue: Pils Urquell Clone, American Wheat
daryl

Return to CR Beer Nuts Meetings