Borrow - immersion chiller

Discussions about brewing equipment / design.

Borrow - immersion chiller

Postby czubak » Wed Oct 26, 2016 12:02 pm

Anyone have an extra or let me borrow one to try prechilling my water before it goes into my CFC? Takes forever even this past week to get 10 gallons to pitching temps and I would love to get it a bit lower to pitch low. This is a cheap way to test this theory before looking at other more expensive options.
Chris Zubak
czubak

Re: Borrow - immersion chiller

Postby Matt F » Wed Oct 26, 2016 12:04 pm

You can borrow my chiller but it is currently set up with QD's to match my system and those fit 1/2" female fittings. No garden hose hookups. Yours if you want to try it.
Matt Franklin
Slappy Brewing North

On Tap:
Saison
Matt Damon in my Mouth
Tree House Julius Clone

Fermenting:
Belgian Dubbel/Sour
Matt F

Postby daryl » Wed Oct 26, 2016 12:10 pm

I think I have your old chiller...has female garden hose fitting. It is extra...you are welcome to borrow it....if you think you need it permanently, perhaps I could apply it against part of my camlock debt?

It is the smaller diameter copper, so I do not know what level of flow you are looking for. That could diminish returns on the temp differential.
In the Fridge/On Tap: Salted Caramel Porter
In the barrel/conditioning:
In the bucket: P-nut Brittle Ale, Blueberry and Blk Rasp. Mead; Tangerine Wheat; Spont. Funk; Swarthy Beagle
In the queue: Pils Urquell Clone, American Wheat
daryl

Postby czubak » Wed Oct 26, 2016 1:00 pm

Thanks Daryl, unsure it's mine or not. Have not planned a next brew session yet, likely 2-3 weeks away or over the holidays
Chris Zubak
czubak

Postby wyzzyrdd » Wed Oct 26, 2016 7:44 pm

I have a 25-foot stainless steel chiller. Setup for garden hose on the inlet. Has about a 10-foot hose to dump out on the outlet. Worked just fine on the 10-gallon Recipe for Disaster that I did last spring.
Pat McCusker
wyzzyrdd

Postby UndeadFred » Fri Oct 28, 2016 3:18 pm

If you don't mind a very ugly one (I squashed it a lot to have it fit into my keggle with the element) you can also possibly borrow mine for a bit. Hose connections on both ends. Really ugly 25' copper...
UndeadFred

Return to Equipment