Keg sale

Keg sale

Postby Schwerkraftbrauer » Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:52 pm

Adventures in Homebrewing I see has a sale on pin lock kegs converted to ball lock kegs, $35 each.
I see they also have a four pack of 3 gallon kegs for $154.
Other than the obvious size difference of a pin lock keg anybody have experience with a converted pin lock, looks like they have the new lid with pressure relief valve.
Jones County Joel
In Keg/ Bottle; Strawberry Cider, Ankle Biter Pale, Reclusive Brown Pub Ale
Fermenting; Black Raspberry Mead, Snow Craze Oatmeal Stout, Snow Craze Oatmeal Stout on Bourbon cherries
Up Next; Spuce Tip Saison, Farm Field Ale
Schwerkraftbrauer

Re: Keg sale

Postby daryl » Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:16 pm

Schwerkraftbrauer wrote:Adventures in Homebrewing I see has a sale on pin lock kegs converted to ball lock kegs, $35 each.
I see they also have a four pack of 3 gallon kegs for $154.
Other than the obvious size difference of a pin lock keg anybody have experience with a converted pin lock, looks like they have the new lid with pressure relief valve.

See http://www.crbeernuts.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4105. I posted a link to their sale.

I use a mixed bag of pin lock and ball lock kegs. The pin locks are shorter and wider. The ball locks (that have not been converted from pin locks) are taller and thinner.

Here is a link that talks about the dimension differences http://www.homebrewfinds.com/2016/09/whats-the-difference-between-ball-lock-kegs-and-pin-lock-kegs.html
In the Fridge/On Tap: Salted Caramel Porter
In the barrel/conditioning:
In the bucket: P-nut Brittle Ale, Blueberry and Blk Rasp. Mead; Tangerine Wheat; Spont. Funk; Swarthy Beagle
In the queue: Pils Urquell Clone, Traditional Irish Red Ale
daryl

Re: Keg sale

Postby Schwerkraftbrauer » Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:25 pm

Beat me to the punch, I didn't see you posted that
Jones County Joel
In Keg/ Bottle; Strawberry Cider, Ankle Biter Pale, Reclusive Brown Pub Ale
Fermenting; Black Raspberry Mead, Snow Craze Oatmeal Stout, Snow Craze Oatmeal Stout on Bourbon cherries
Up Next; Spuce Tip Saison, Farm Field Ale
Schwerkraftbrauer

Return to News